If you are looking for a hearty sweet, spicy and savory dinner option for a family Sunday dinner, then try this Leg of Pork with Guava and Habanero Puree. It takes 105 minutes to prepare this delectable dish that the kids will love. Ingredients include a leg of pork, guava, sugar, water, Dijon mustard, orange, and seeded habanero chile pepper. The sweet and spicy flavors will tantalize the taste buds.
- 1 pork (leg of, approximately 1 kilo)
- 8 guavas
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 orange
- 1 chile pepper (habanero, seeded, cut into strips)
- Cut the guavas into fourths and place into a saucepan, add the sugar and water. Cover the pan and allow to cook until the sugar begins to caramelize, approximately 15 minutes on low heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend the guava mixture in the blender and strain. Add the mustard, orange juice, and habanero pepper and combine.
- Spread the guava mixture evenly on the pork leg and allow to marinate, preferably overnight.
- Remove any excess puree from the pork with a spoon.
- Bake at 180 Celsius for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Slice and serve.