- 4 pounds leg of lamb
- 1 ounce butter (melted)
- 1 pound potatoes (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 2 ounces green olives (pitted black and, coarsely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and pressed)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 stalk rosemary (chopped)
- 1 stalk thyme (chopped)
- 1 stalk basil (chopped)
- 6 medium tomatoes (seeded and cubed)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion (peeled and cubed)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (each green and, seeded and chopped)
- 2 red bell peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 2 zucchini (sliced)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- fresh herbs (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Season the leg of lamb, put it in a roasting pan and drizzle it with hot butter. Roast it for about 2 1/4 hours. Distribute the potatoes around the lamb 30 minutes before the end of cooking. Turn them regularly while cooking.
- Mix the chopped olives with 2 cloves of garlic, 2 tbsp of olive oil, half the chopped herbs and the diced tomatoes. Fifteen minutes before the end of roasting the lamb, pour the white wine and 1 cup of water into the roasting pan and spread the olive mixture on the roast.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and fry the rest of the garlic and the onion. Add the peppers, zucchini and tomatoes and fry them for about 10 minutes. Pour in the white wine, add the remaining chopped herbs and bring to a boil. Season to taste and add the cayenne pepper. Serve the lamb, potatoes and vegetables garnished with fresh herbs.
PER SERVING *
|Calories640Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.