- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped, or more)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces roast beef (leftover, or steak, about 1 1/2 cups diced beef cubes)
- 2 cups beef stock (or 1 can beef broth plus a little water)
- 1 cup roasted tomatoes (slow, or 1 can diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 cup mushrooms (cut in large chunks)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped, or frozen chopped basil.)
|Calories280Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Hayssen 29 Nov 2018
easy to make and tasty
Julie 13 Nov 2018
I think it tasted alright, but I think it would work better with stew meat or hamburger. Wasn’t crazy about the stew meat.
Renee Collins 19 Oct 2018
Had more meat, mushrooms so I added 2 more cups of beef broth and an additional can of diced tomatoes and Tbsp of garlic granular and fresh pepper. Also, had some leftover fresh broccoli & carrot mix so microwaved them and added. After simmering, added 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper and tsp of Mrs Dash steak seasoning
Janene 16 Apr 2018
really good! I used leftover grilled steak. and potatoes instead of mushrooms.
Chris S. 19 Sep 2016
more like a soup than a stew, but delicious none the less! I used what I had on hand ... consumee instead of stock, a whole (medium) onion, a whole sweet pepper. I didn't have any fresh basil. Well worth making and a great use for leftover roast beef.