- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onions (chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped, about 1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon essence (or Creole Seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces mushrooms (stemmed, wiped clean, and sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 cups roast turkey (to 2 ½ chopped or shredded, white and/or dark meat)
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock (or canned chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 3/4 cup medium cheddar (or grated sharp)
- parsley leaves (Chopped, for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch square or 2.2 quart baking dish with the butter and set aside.
- In a large saute pan or skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, Essence, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, until the onions are soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 20 seconds. Add the mushrooms, thyme, and bay leaf and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until thick, about 1 minute. Stir in the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the meat and stir well to combine. Gradually add the stock and then the peas, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the
- Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaf. Carefully transfer to the prepared dish and spoon the potatoes over the meat mixture, spreading to the edges. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake until the cheese is bubbly and the potatoes are crisp around the edges, 22 to 25 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
|Calories240Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.