- 2 leeks (white parts only)
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 scallions (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound gorgonzola cheese (crumbled)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Slice the white part of each leek into 1/4-inch rounds, and soak in a large bowl of water to remove any sand.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll puff pastry to a 1/4-inch thickness, about 12 inches in diameter. Line a 9-inch round or rectangular tart pan (with a removable bottom) with puff pastry. Carefully line pastry with aluminum foil, and weight with beans, rice, or pastry weights. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. When pastry begins to color around the edges, remove weights and foil, and continue to bake until pastry turns golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack, and let cool completely before filling.
- While the pastry bakes, drain the sliced leeks, and assemble the filling. In a medium saute pan, warm the olive oil over high heat. Saute the leeks and scallions until soft, about 6 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Fill the baked pastry shell with the crumbled cheese, and top with the sauteed leeks and scallions. Bake in the back of the oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese bubbles. Slice and serve immediately.