An easy potato and leek soup that takes no shortcuts when delivering the finest flavors and textures possible. A little bit of milk, chicken bouillon, and heavy cream are combined with the potatoes giving this soup a thick richness. Heavy cream adds intensity and tang to the velvety soup. Blending the soup will insure that the final product is perfectly combined. Olive oil prevents the soup from forming a gluey consistency.
- water (1 lt.)
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- olive oil
- 400 grams leeks
- 200 grams potatoes
- 1 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- heavy cream (15 cl.)
- milk (10 cl.)
- Bring water to a boil and add the chicken bouillon cube.
- In a dutch oven, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil and sauté leeks, potatoes, onion and garlic until tender. Add prepared chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Prick the potato pieces to make sure they are cooked.
- In a blender, blend until smooth.
- Add cream and milk, then blend again.
- Season with salt and pepper.