- 1 cup green lentil (or use brown lentils, which will cook a bit more quickly)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 cloves garlic (very finely minced, use more or less to taste and depending on the size of the garlic cloves)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint (finely)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup herbs (fresh, depending on availability and how much you like fresh herbs)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh-squeezed, or slightly less if you're not a big lemon an like i am)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
PER SERVING *
|Calories260Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lisa M. 4 Sep
This was tasty. I will make it again. I would recommend doubling the recipe.
Jalon Fowler 10 Aug
absolutely delicious! I ate it with hummous yum
Desi Roose 4 Aug
Great like allways👍
Craig H. 18 May
Pretty good, i added diced tomato and cucumber. will make again
Katie Panarella 31 Mar
This is one of my go to recipes. I love it! Make it with Trader Joe’s precooked lentils. Use garlic powder instead of cooking the garlic and extra olive oil for a dressing.
Morgan Fitzgerald F. 20 Feb
Really delicious! I added more lemon and herbs because I’m a huge spice girl but it really is a stellar recipe. My Lebanese friends told me I did a lovely job too 👌👌
Maira 16 Feb
i just made it! i wasnt expecting such unique flavour...the dish is perfect for the family table
Mirza 4 Feb
It's quite delicious but I only used about 4 cloves of garlic instead of the 10-12 and it was plenty it's quite delicious but make sure to use fresh herbs and lemon juice to get a better flavor
Sara L. 16 Aug 2016
Really good. Takes a considerable amount of salt. I added cayenne to give it some kick. Could almost use feta or some crumbly cheese.
kimberly B. 1 May 2016
This was really amazing! I even messed up cooking my garlic and it added some really good crunch. I tried it cold and a little warm and both were good!
Aston B. 2 Apr 2016
Both bright and savory. Halved the cumin to allow the fresh flavors and lentils to come through. Did 2x parsley to mint. Was absolutely delicious on a cold spring afternoon.
Nyssa H. 15 Feb 2016
Really liked this recipe, very fresh and filling. Will definitely make this again. Great when you want a lighter healthy dinner