You know what summer makes me? It makes me lazy and impatient. Whatever I want, I want it now. No, strike that out, I want it yesterday. Summer is to be enjoyed and savoured, not to be spent working for hours in the kitchen and that's what makes this dessert just fab!
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (La Lechera, or other)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup sour cream (or Mexican)
- 1 cup lime juice (freshly squeezed, 6 - 8 limes, depending on their size)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (you can use fat-free)
- 2 tablespoons lime zest (divided, 1 TBSP for creamy mix, 1 TBSP for garnishing)
- 3 cups berries (your favorite, I used fresh sliced strawberries and frozen blueberries for this recipe)
- 2 1/2 cookies ("tubes" of "Marias", or other similar vanilla flavored cookie; each tube contains 36 - 38 cookies.)
- Let cream cheese soften at room temperature for one hour.
- In the mixer or blender mix the first five ingredients plus 1 TBSP lime zest until fully blended.
- Cover the bottom of the a rectangular 10' x 8' x 3' deep mold with cookies as shown in the picture. Break some if necessary to cover bottom as much as you can.
- Cover with creamy mix (not too thick; remember you need to stretch the cream mix for the whole dessert). Top with a cup of berries, also as shown in pictures.
- Repeat layering two more times, cookies first, then cream and then fruit, finishing with a cream layer at the top. Sprinkle it evenly with the remaining 1 TBSP of lime zest, to garnish.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours, preferably overnight.
- For more delicious Mexican recipes, visit beaneronthefrontier.com.
|Calories410Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.