Lazy Pork Enchiladas with Red SaucePork
Layering the tortillas in this dish makes it kind of a Latin lasagna—and it’d be similarly appropriate at a potluck, tailgate party, or game night. Serve rice, beans, and tortilla chips on the side.
- 2 pounds pork sirloin roast
- 16 ounces salsa
- 1 onions (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 4 ounces green chile (diced fire-roasted)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 28 ounces enchilada sauce (mild)
- 15 corn tortillas (extra-thin yellow, quartered)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (reduced-fat, finely shredded)
- 3 4/5 ounces sliced black olives (drained)
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the salsa, onion, bell pepper and chilies (with their juices). Set aside.
- 2Spray a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Rub the taco seasoning all over the pork and place the pork in the slow cooker. Pour the salsa mixture on top, cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 4 to 6 hours, until the meat is very tender.
- 3Remove the pork and use two forks to shred the meat. Set aside.
- 4Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 5Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray and spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce in the bottom. Top with 1/3 of the tortillas, 1/2 of the pork, 1/3 of the cheese, 1/3 of the olives and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce. Add one more layer of tortillas, pork, cheese, olives, and enchilada sauce. Add a final layer of tortillas, the rest of the sauce, cheese and olives. Bake uncovered until browned and heated through, 30 to 35 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories450Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.