Gelatin cubes give this dessert its mosaic appearance, and they are easy to make and fun to eat all on their own. Just prepare powdered gelatin in a variety of flavors and colors, preferably in vibrant colors like the ones shown here. Once they have set you can cut them into squares or other shapes and then layer them in the gelatin mold with whipped cream that's enriched with sweetened condensed milk (and thickedn with softened gelatin sheets).
- 3 packets gelatin (various flavors)
- 5 gelatin sheet
- 1 can condensed milk
- 400 milliliters cream
- Prepare gelatin according to package directions.
- Pour gelatin into different trays and cool.
- Refrigerate until gelatin is set.
- In a saucepan, soak gelatin sheets in cold water for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, drain gelatin and heat in a saucepan over low heat.
- Do not allow to boil. In a bowl, add condensed milk.
- Slowly pour in melted gelatin, stirring constantly.
- Pour cream into the bowl of the food processor with the mixer accessory, set for 2 minutes on speed 3.
- Add whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk and mix well.
- Remove jellies from the refrigerator and cut into cubes.
- Grease final mold very lightly with vegetable oil.
- Add half of the mixed gelatin cubes and drizzle with half of the cream mixture.
- Make another layer with the remaining gelatin and pour remaining cream on top.
- Refrigerate until set. To serve, carefully remove from the mold.