- 3 red bell peppers (cored and seeded)
- 3 yellow peppers (cored and seeded)
- 2 seedless cucumbers (ends trimmed)
- 1 red onion (medium, peeled)
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (block of)
- 16 ounces frozen peas (bag of, thawed)
- 1 bag romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 pound cooked bacon (crisp, crumbled)
- 2 green onions (snipped)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 4 fresh chives (snipped)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Attach the dicing kit into the prep bowl of the KitchenAid® Pro Line® 16 cup Food Processor. On low speed, use the medium food pusher to dice the red peppers, yellow peppers, and red onion. Use the clean out grid to push any caught vegetables through. Remove the prep bowl and carefully set the vegetables aside as separately as possible. If the peppers have released much juice, gently squeeze them before setting aside. Remove the dicing kit.
- Place the slicing disc into the work bowl and set it to the the 6 notch from the left. Use the small food pusher to slice the cucumbers and tomatoes. Remove the vegetables and set aside. Rinse and dry prep bowl.
- Set the 2 mm shredding disc into the prep bowl and use the medium food pusher to shred the cheese. Remove the shredding disc and set cheese aside.
- Set the mini-bowl and blade into the work bowl and push to lock. Add in all of the ingredients for the dressing and process on low speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour dressing into a dish to serve. Cover and chill until use. Refrigerate any unused dressing for up to 2 weeks.
- In a large bowl or trifle dish, layer the salad vegetables in the following order: romaine lettuce, tomatoes, yellow peppers, cucumbers, red onion, red peppers, peas, cheese, bacon, and chives. Serve salad with 1 hour of preparing with herbed ranch dressing.
- Tip: As an alternative presentation, layer salad into individual Bell jars for guests to enjoy.