Forget the fruit pie! This cake takes them all on head to head and comes out the winner. Packed with apples, apricots, cream cheese, and ice cream, every bite is super moist and heavy. The nougat is crunchy and sweet, adding the perfect touch. A hint of cinnamon and cardamom finish off this smorgasbord of well-blended flavors. A perfect ending to a fantastic dining experience, you’ll leave your family (or guests) dreaming of another piece.
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams sugar
- 270 grams flour
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cardamom
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2.5 deciliters milk
- 100 grams melted butter
- 40 grams brown sugar
- 10 dried apricots
- 10 figs
- 3 granny smith apples
- 25 grams butter
- 4 tablespoons syrup (elderberry, or syrup with spices)
- 2 boxes cream cheese
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the eggs and the sugar, add the flour, spices, baking powder and the milk and at last, the melted butter.
- Mix well and cook for approximately 40-45 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- In a saucepan heat the sugar over high heat just enough to get a light caramel, remove from heat and add dried fruit stirring well to let them get well coated.
- Pour them quickly over a parchment paper, cover with a second layer of paper and then roll with a rolling pin to flatten down.
- Allow to harden slightly and cut into the desired shape.
- Remove vanilla ice cream from the freezer and work it with the spoon on top of the nougatine slices.
- Put it back in the freezer until serving time.
|Calories670Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.