You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Lavash combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 10 grams fresh yeast
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 150 milliliters warm water
- poppy seeds
- sesame (Ground)
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble yeast into flour.
- Add sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add oil and water to flour mixture and mix well.
- Knead for 10 minutes.
- Let dough rise until doubled in volume for about one hour.
- Divide the dough into three parts.
- One will be for the cracker and two for the wraps.
- Form a ball and stretch it a little with a rolling pin.
- For the cracker, place dough on a baking sheet and gently stretch with hands to fit baking sheet.
- Sprinkle dough with poppy seeds, sesame seed powder and cumin powder.
- Bake at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for about 10 minutes until done.
- Let cool on a rack. When cool, break into irregular pieces with hands.
- For the wrap, divide each dough portion into two.
- Shape each portion into a ball and use the rolling pin to form a round base about 20-22 cm (approximately 8-9 inches).
- Preheat a heavy skillet and toast each wrap in pan over high heat for one minute on each side.
- For the dipping sauce, puree 6 sun-dried tomatoes, 1 clove garlic, sage leaves, oregano, pepper, a splash of balsamic vinegar and about 100 ml (approximately 1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil.