Flavorful rub can be made ahead of time and stored in a tight sealing jar. Goes great with Corn and Black Bean Vinaigrette and Rice Con Queso. Save leftovers to make Sweet n Hot Pork Wraps.
- 2 pounds pork loin roast (trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Pat pork dry with paper towel.
- Combine all seasonings for rub. Place in a jar with tight fitting lid; shake well to blend seasoning thoroughly. Store covered at room temperature.
- Apply 2-3 tablespoons rub seasonings to all surfaces of the pork roast. Place roast in a shallow pan and roast in a 350 degrees F. Roast for about 20 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- Serves 8.