Latin Pork Back Ribs with Smoky Pineapple-Mango SaucePork
Create a sizzlin' backyard barbecue with these spicy ribs given a Latin flavor with the fresh fruit sauce. Serve with Cilantro Pesto Pasta Salad and Jicama and Orange Salad.
- 4 pounds pork back ribs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons dried leaves oregano (preferably Mexican oregano)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup mango (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chipotles in adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaves oregano (Mexican)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic (minced, 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1In small bowl, stir together rub ingredients; rub onto all surfaces of ribs. Grill ribs over indirect* medium heat (about 350 degrees F.) for 1 hour.
- 2Place sauce ingredients in food processor or blender container; process until nearly smooth. Reserve half of sauce to serve with finished ribs. Brush remaining sauce on ribs; grill for an additional 30 minutes until ribs are tender and meat pulls from the bone. Heat reserved sauce and serve with ribs.
- 3Serves 3 to 4.
- 4*To grill with indirect heat, bank hot coals on one side or in a ring around the perimeter of the fire grate. For gas grills, pre-heat and then turn off any burners directly below where the food will go. Place ribs on the grill so they are not directly over any coals or gas burners and close grill hood.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1200Calories from Fat710|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat710|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.