Create a sizzlin' backyard barbecue with these spicy ribs given a Latin flavor with the fresh fruit sauce. Serve with Cilantro Pesto Pasta Salad and Jicama and Orange Salad.
- 4 pounds pork back ribs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves (preferably Mexican oregano)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup mango (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves (Mexican)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic (minced, 1/2 teaspoon)
- In small bowl, stir together rub ingredients; rub onto all surfaces of ribs. Grill ribs over indirect* medium heat (about 350 degrees F.) for 1 hour.
- Place sauce ingredients in food processor or blender container; process until nearly smooth. Reserve half of sauce to serve with finished ribs. Brush remaining sauce on ribs; grill for an additional 30 minutes until ribs are tender and meat pulls from the bone. Heat reserved sauce and serve with ribs.
- Serves 3 to 4.
- *To grill with indirect heat, bank hot coals on one side or in a ring around the perimeter of the fire grate. For gas grills, pre-heat and then turn off any burners directly below where the food will go. Place ribs on the grill so they are not directly over any coals or gas burners and close grill hood.