Lasagna with Spicy Pork Italian SausagePORK
Naturally, this lasagna would be wonderful served with an antipasto salad and garlic bread. To simplify the recipe, you can substitute sweet or hot Italian sausage for the pork and its spice blend.
- 1 1/4 lb. lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (minced, plus 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley or basil)
- 1/4 cup minced onion (plus 1 onion, diced)
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. ground fennel seed
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 7 cloves garlic (minced, divided)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups white mushrooms (sliced)
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tsp. italian seasoning
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese low fat
- 1 large egg
- 12 oz. lasagna noodles (no-boil)
- 9 oz. part-skim mozzarella cheese (finely shredded)
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, minced parsley, minced onion, paprika, thyme, fennel, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper and half the garlic. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a large saucepan or small stockpot over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the diced onion, mushrooms and remaining garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in all the tomatoes (with their juices), wine and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- After about 45 minutes, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the pork mixture, breaking it up with a spoon or spatula, until no longer pink, 6 to 7 minutes.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories240Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes