It's hard (make that impossible) to beat a traditional Bolognese sauce if you are preparing lasagne to feed a crowd, since the meaty sauce is hands down the ultimate crowd favorite. Besides being ultra hearty and decidedly delicious, the classic sauce can even be prepared in advance, and often tastes better that way. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container and refrigerating for up to a week or freezing for up to three (or more) months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before using.
- Bolognese: Chop the onion and garlic and sauté in olive oil for 2 minutes. Cut the bacon into cubes and add to the sauté. Add the peeled and sliced tomatoes, the tomato pulp, and the bay leaf. Let it cook for a few more minutes. Add the minced meat and stir well. Keeping the heat low, let the meat sauté stirring occasionally so that it is loose. Refresh with the wine and add the spices. Cook over low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you start to run out of sauce, add a little water. Check the seasoning and if it is a little acidic, add the sugar dessert spoon.
- Béchamel: Put the milk to heat. Pour the butter into a pan and heat until melted. Add the flour and let it cook, stirring constantly. Add a little hot milk, stirring constantly, and add as the sauce thickens. Even after adding all the milk, do not stop stirring so that it does not form granules. If this happens, place the magic wand in the saucepan and grind the sauce. Finally, season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Infusion: Put the water in a kettle and after boiling, pour it over the tea. Leave to infuse for 5 minutes and strain into a saucepan. Take it to the fire again. Separate the leaves from the sprouts, wash them, and place them in the infusion. Let it boil for 2 minutes, remove the leaves and immerse them immediately in cold water so they don't lose their color.
- Mounting: Grease the bottom of a refractory container and alternately add layers of lasagna, bolognese, sprouts, and béchamel sauce. Finish with béchamel sauce and spread a layer of mozzarella on top. Take to the preheated oven at 200ºC for 25 minutes.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories740Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.