Lamingtons, Chocolate and Coconut Coated Australian Fluffy CakesOn dine chez Nanou
Why not try something rich and creamy as your dessert option for the next holiday party? These Lamingtons, Chocolate and Coconut Coated Australian Fluffy Cakes could be just what you want to bring. There are 20 servings in this recipe that takes 80 minutes to prepare. This sweet and light recipe combines buttery cake with dark chocolate and grated coconut. We hope you enjoy this cake as much as we do.
- 125 grams butter (soft)
- 170 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 eggs
- 160 grams flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 125 milliliters milk
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 15 grams butter
- 250 grams powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 150 grams grated coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- 2Pour butter, sugar, and vanilla in a mixer bowl, stir to get a creamy texture. Gradually add the eggs, then mix in flour and baking powder. Add milk last, mix for a smooth paste.
- 3Pour in a flexible mold (20 x 20 centimeters) or a cake pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes. To test for doneness, stick a toothpick halfway down in the center off the cake. It should come out clean and dry.
- 4Remove from oven, unmold, cool on rack.
- 5In a saucepan, melt chocolate, butter, icing sugar, and milk. Stir until frosting is smooth. Let cool.
- 6Cut the cake into 4 centimeter cubes.
- 7Put the coconut in a shallow dish.
- 8Use a fork to soak cake cubes in chocolate glaze, then coat with coconut.
- 9Store in cool place while the glaze hardens for at least 1 hour.
PER SERVING *
|Calories250Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.