- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 lamb loin chops (boneless, or noisettes, 4 oz each, trimmed)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces mixed mushrooms (halved and thickly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 package frozen puff pastry (thawed, 2 sheets)
- 1 egg (beaten, to glaze)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 5 tablespoons red wine
- 1 1/4 cups lamb stock (or beef stock)
- 3 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- green beans
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on high heat. Cook the lamb for 30 seconds on each side until well browned. Transfer to a plate; set aside to cool completely. Add 1/2 the butter to the skillet on medium heat. When foaming, add the mushrooms and garlic; cook for 3-4 mins until tender. Remove from the heat.
- Roll put pastry on floured surface to 10 1/2-inch squares. Cut out one 7-inch square from each sheet. Join the trimmings from each sheet to make 2 additional 7-inch squares. Reserve any additional trimmings. Place a lamb chop in the middle of each pastry square. Top with the mushrooms (don’t wash the pan). Brush the pastry with beaten egg. Bring the 4 corners of the pastry over the filling to meet in the center; press together to seal. Place pastry packets on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Roll out the trimmings. Cut out leaf shapes; use to decorate the top of the pastry packets. Brush with egg. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. For medium rare lamb, bake for 15 mins until the pastry is golden. For well done, bake 5 mins more.
- Mix remaining butter and flour. Pour the wine into the mushroom pan. Cook until reduced to 2 tbsp. Add the stock and cranberry sauce. Simmer for 3 mins. Gradually whisk in butter and flour mixture until combined. Simmer for 1-2 mins until slightly thickened. Season.
- Serve the hot lamb packets on warmed plates with the cranberry gravy, beans and carrots.
|Calories440Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.