Zucchini baked to soft perfection. Each shell is a complete meal, filled with lamb meat, bulgar wheat, zucchini, and savory herbs and spices. This meal will be ready in about an hour, and provides a modest 340 calories. Using your stove top, your microwave, and your oven, this meal is delicious when served hot, especially on cold nights. Serve with slices of carrots and strawberries to create a colorful explosion worthy of the best rated restaurants.
- 200 grams bulgur wheat (large grain)
- 4 zucchini (medium)
- 250 grams lamb shoulder (cut into small cubes)
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon spices
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (mold)
- fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon (organic)
- In a medium saucepan, add the bulgur with 400 gr. of salted water, over medium heat and stir regularly.
- When all the water has evaporated, remove from heat and let stand covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Wash and dry the zucchini.
- Cut them in half lengthwise and remove the inner flesh with a spoon.
- Mash or finely chop the zuchini flesh.
- Place zucchini on a plate covered with plastic wrap and microwave for 10 minutes in "high".
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet.
- Brown the onion, zucchini flesh, and then add the meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the meat is cooked through, add ground spices, and then add the bulgur.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the chopped cilantro and lemon zest, mix well.
- Fill zucchini with meat mixture, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories340Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.