- 4 ounces bacon (4 strips, chopped into 1/4" strips)
- 2 pounds fat (boneless leg of lam or lam shoulder trimmed of excess, cut into 1 1/2" pieces)
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt (for the lamb plus 1 tsp for stew)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon stew
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (or gluten free flour*)
- 1 yellow onion (large, diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups red wine (good)
- 1 pound button mushrooms (thickly sliced)
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth (or stock)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds small yellow potatoes (halved or quartered into 1" pieces)
- 4 medium carrots (10 oz, peeled and cut into 1/2" thick pieces)
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped for garnish)
mimik 9 days ago
The lamb stew was delicious. Skiped the alcohol though.
Jason J. 23 Apr
This stew is absolutely fantastic! I definitely added more lamb because...lamb. I also took the advice of another user and tossed the whole bottle of a nice soft red blend into the pot. The stew was incredible! I also added more mushrooms because we like them in my family. This is a great recipe to put your own touches on depending on your preferences.
James Woodford III 17 Apr
Pretty simple to make. The worst part is how good your house smells while the pot is in the oven.