- 1 1/3 pounds new potatoes
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 shallots (finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic
- 14 ounces apricots (in juice, drained)
- 1 yellow pepper (deseeded and chopped)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound frozen spinach
- 4 fillets (lamb roast, 1/4 lb each)
- 4 tablespoons thyme leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Cook the potatoes in salted, boiling water for 18-20 mins, until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Allow to cool, then peel.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan and add 2/3 of the shallots and the garlic. Sauté for 2-3 mins, stirring, then mix in all but 1 of the apricots and the pepper. Deglaze the pan with wine then cover and simmer for 15 mins over low heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a separate saucepan, add the remaining shallots and sauté for 3-4 mins, stirring. Add the spinach and 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer for 10-15 mins, until tender. Season.
- Rub the lamb with thyme and season. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over high heat, add the lamb and fry for 3-5 mins, turning. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Reduce the heat to medium-low and fry the potatoes for 5-6 mins, turning.
- Meanwhile, blend the apricot sauce with an immersion blender. Finely chop the reserved apricot and sprinkle it into the sauce, then mix in the cream and season to taste. Slice the lamb fillets and arrange on 4 plates. Divide the potatoes and spinach between the plates and serve with the apricot sauce.
|Calories470Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.