- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 pounds lamb ribs
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup sweet soy sauce (thick)
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon chinese five spice powder
- 2 bunches broccoli stems (Chinese, and leaves separated)
- 16 ounces long grain white rice (cooked)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook lamb for 3 mins per side, or until browned. Set aside. Drain oil from pan and wipe clean with paper towels. Add sesame seeds and toast for 30 seconds, or until golden. Set aside 1/2 sesame seeds. Add sweet soy sauce, sherry, garlic, crushed bouillon cube, five-spice powder and 1/2 cup water to pan. Cook for 1 min, or until combined.
- Return lamb to pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 50 mins, or until lamb is tender. Set aside and cover to keep warm. Bring sauce to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 5 mins, or until reduced slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or large deep frying pan over high heat. Add remaining oil and swirl to coat surface. Add broccoli stems and stir-fry for 1 min. Add broccoli leaves and stir-fry for 2 mins, or until wilted. Divide rice, broccoli and lamb between serving plates. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with reserved sesame seeds.
|Calories510Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.