- 1/2 pound orzo
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot (peeled and finely diced)
- 1/2 pound tomatoes (diced)
- 3 1/2 ounces black olives
- 3 1/2 ounces peppers (pickled, sliced)
- 15 ounces white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 pound cucumber (grated)
- 2 onions (peeled, 1 grated, 1 finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley (chopped, some set aside for garnish)
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 pound lamb tenderloin (cut into 6 medallions)
- 1 lettuce heart (romaine, cut into strips)
- 1/2 pound feta cheese (crumbled)
- For the pasta salad, cook the orzo in boiling salted water according to the package instructions. Drain then rinse under cold water. Whisk together the vinegar, 3 tsp mustard and the honey. Season to taste and whisk in 4 tbsp oil. Add the chopped shallot then toss with the orzo, tomatoes, olives, peppers, and beans and set aside to marinate.
- For the tzatziki, mix the cucumber, grated onion, garlic, parsley and yogurt and season to taste. Set aside.
- For the meatballs, mix the ground beef, diced onions, egg, breadcrumbs, milk and 1-2 tsp mustard and season to taste. Form into 8 meatballs. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and brown the meatballs for about 8 mins, turning as necessary. In a second pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and sear the lamb medallions for about 6 mins per side.
- To finish, mix the pasta salad with the lettuce and feta cheese. Serve with the lamb, meatballs and tzatziki, sprinkled with reserved parsley.
|Calories780Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.