- sauce (Mint Yogurt)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons mint leaves
- 10 ounces greek yogurt
- lamb (Kebabs)
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb (diced into 3/4 inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tomatoes (ripe, coarsely diced)
- 2 cucumbers (baby, coarsely diced)
- 1 red onion (small, peeled and finely sliced)
- 2 teaspoons parsley leaves
- extra-virgin olive oil
- lemon juice (to taste)
- flatbread (warm, to serve)
- For the yogurt sauce, blend the garlic, sugar, lemon juice, mint and half the yogurt in a blender until smooth. Stir in the remaining yogurt and season to taste.
- For the kebabs, mix the spices with the olive oil in a bowl, then add the lamb, mixing to coat thoroughly. Cover and leave to marinate 1 hour. Soak 12 wooden skewers in water 1 hour.
- For the salad, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and parsley in a bowl. Toss with the olive oil and lemon juice and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Thread lamb cubes tightly onto the wooden skewers, about 5 pieces per skewer. Heat a barbecue or griddle pan to hot and cook skewers 5 mins, or until cooked as desired, turning. Serve with the yogurt sauce, salad and flatbread.
|Calories820Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.