- 5 baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive tapenade (black)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lamb leg (large, or shoulder steaks, pounded to 1/4 inch thick)
- 4 leaves fresh basil (+ extra small leaves, to serve)
- 1/4 cup char (grilled red pepper, cut into strips)
- 2 1/2 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 19 ounces tomato sauce
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Boil for 12 mins, or until tender. Drain then halve. Toss with tapenade and 1 tbsp oil. Season.
- Meanwhile, top each lamb steak with basil, pepper and feta. Roll up to enclose filling and secure with toothpicks. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook for 5 mins, or until browned. Set aside.
- Add tomato sauce and 1/4 cup water to pan, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Return lamb and any juices to pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 mins, or until lamb is cooked and sauce thickens slightly.
- Distribute lamb between serving plates and top with tomato sauce and reserved basil. Serve with potatoes.