- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 fresh ginger (walnut-sized piece, peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 onions (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2/3 pound plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 lime (juiced)
- 1/4 pound cashew nuts
- 1/2 pound basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/3 pounds swiss chard (cut into thin strips)
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tomatoes (diced)
- lime (sliced, for garnish)
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven or large pan and sear the lamb until browned. Add the garam masala, tomato purée, ginger, 2 of the onions and 1 clove of the garlic and fry for 1 min. Add the flour and brown for 2 mins. Add the stock, yogurt, chili powder, paprika and lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 40 mins.
- Heat a frying pan and fry the cashew nuts until golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Cook the rice in boiling salted water according to the package instructions. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a separate frying pan and fry the chard and remaining onion and garlic for 2 mins. Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 3 mins.
- Arrange the rice, lamb curry and chard in serving bowls and sprinkle with the cashews and tomato. Garnish with sliced lime.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1290Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.