Lamb CurryLA COCINA DE BABEL
Bring all the colorful flavor of the Bengal region to your table with this lamb curry. This one pot curry is made in a dutch oven and left to simmer for an hour for a dish that is easy to prepare and tastes absolutely delicious. Featuring leg of lamb, this curry also incorporates the warm flavors of ginger, turmeric, and cumin. Ground coriander, cinnamon, and cardamom add spice to the mixture and depending on how spicy you like your food, you can add as crushed chili pepper as you like. Serve with rice and naan.
- 800 grams leg of lamb (boned and cut into large sections)
- 1 kg onions (peeled and quartered)
- 6 garlic cloves (whole)
- 3 cms fresh ginger (finely diced)
- 4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 chili pepper (crushed, optional; add more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 tsp. whole black peppercorns
- 6 cardamom pods
- 500 grams yogurt (unflavored)
- 3 Tbsp. clarified butter (ghee or regular butter)
- 250 mL water
- salt (to taste)
- Put all ingredients into a Dutch oven and give them a stir.
- Simmer covered on low heat for 1 hour.
- Uncover, then check the level of water in the pan. Simmer uncovered for a few more minutes until the water has reduced and thickened a bit.
- Serve with basmati rice and naan bread.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories570Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes