- 1 red pepper (large, quartered and seeded)
- 2 medium tomatoes (halved)
- 1 red onion (small, quartered)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup whole almonds (blanched, toasted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound red skinned potatoes (cut into wedges)
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 2 medium zucchini (cut lengthwise into wedges)
- 12 lamb chops
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. For the red pepper sauce, place peppers, skin-side up, tomatoes, onion and garlic on a baking pan. Roast on the top oven rack for about 20 mins or until pepper skin blisters and blackens. Cover pepper pieces with plastic or paper for 5 mins. Peel away skin, then chop coarsely. Process pepper, roasted tomatoes and onion, nuts and lemon juice in a food processor until a thick sauce forms. With food processor on, gradually add 1 tbsp oil in a thin steady stream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, toss potatoes, sweet potatoes and remaining 2 tbsp oil on a large, shallow baking pan. Roast on lower oven rack at same time as pepper mixture for 20 mins.
- Add zucchini to baking pan. Roast 10 mins longer.
- Cook lamb chops on heated oiled grill pan or preheated grill until browned on both sides and cooked to desired doneness. Serve with red pepper sauce, roasted vegetables and baby arugula leaves, if desired.
|Calories1130Calories from Fat600|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat600|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.