Lagareiro Style OctopusAs receitas lá de casa
If you can get your hands on a couple of octopuses, here's what to do with them: Cook them in a pressure cooker for precisely ten minutes, which will ensure that they are tender and chewy, not tough. They are then baked with flattened potatoes (for more crispy surfaces) and a sauce made from olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and parsely until nice and browned. Serve hot, with more lemon wedges alongside.
- 2 octopuses (weighing 1 kilogram)
- small potatoes (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 15 garlic cloves
- parsley (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
- 1Rinse the frozen octopus to remove ice and place in a pressure cooker with 1 cup of water.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat then cook for 10 minutes more.
- 3Turn off the heat and release the pressure. Remove the octopus and drain well.
- 4Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the potatoes.
- 5When they are almost cooked, remove from heat and drain.
- 6Preheat oven to 210*C (410F).
- 7Smack each potato with a wooden spoon to crack and flatten.
- 8Arrange octopus and potatoes in a baking dish. In a small saucepan, heat olive oil, garlic, parsley, bay leaf, and lemon juice.
- 9Bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and octopus.
- 10Place the dish in the oven and cook until well browned. Serve immediately.