Labneh Cheese with Vegetables and FruitYERBABUENA EN LA COCINA
Customize your flavors to the way you want it. You can experience the sweetness of berries, the tartness of citrus fruit, or the earthy flavors of vegetables, held together by a base of Greek yogurt. This is a great way to combine fruits and vegetables into one dish. It makes a great power snack, or a delicious side dish that’s packed with nutrition.
- Place cotton cloth or cheesecloth in a bowl. Combine the yogurt and salt in a separate bowl and then scoop into the cloth. Fold together the cloth to envelop the yogurt and tie with twine.
- Suspend the yogurt over a bowl and to collect the liquid which will drip out. Leave in the refrigerator for 24 hours, until thick.
- Remove the cheese from the refrigerator, poke tiny holes in it, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with the mint and pepper.
- Serve along with the fruits and vegetables, cut into pieces for easy dipping.
- May keep in the refrigerator in a sealed container up to 36 hours.