- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic (halved)
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (finely, or parsley)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil (as needed)
- 1/4 cup gochujang (Korean)
- 1 roast chicken (or 4 small cornish hens)
- Use a mortar and pestle to crush the garlic with the salt into a paste. Add paprika, parsley and pepper.
- Drizzle in the vinegar and then add oil to make a mushy, spreadable paste. Stir in the gochujang.
- Butterfly the hens and coat generously with seasoning. You will have left over paste to use for basting.
- Place skin side up on a hot grill and grill, basting generously, for ~15 min. Turn over and repeat.