- 4 New York (top loin) pork chops
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 12 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger root (grated)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and sweet chili sauce. It’ll make just over 1 cup of marinade.Reserve half the marinade, set aside. Pour the other half of the marinade over pork chops and marinate for at least 10 minutes. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pork chops to skillet, discard remaining marinade.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until chops have browned on one side.
- Flip the pork chops and add the reserved marinade to the pan; cook for 5 more minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temperature between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium). Let rest for 3 minutes before serving.
Anderson 12 days ago
Came out great did not use the sesame seed oil but everything else
Robin Williams 14 days ago
Great !! It was so good! I did make a few modifications. I had no sesame seed oil.I added about 1/4 Worcestershire sauce, 1 Cap Of apple cider vinegar about 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1 habanero pepper! And garlic powder with scallions. I blended it all in a food processor.
Yvette M. 25 days ago
Why prepare a whole cup if you throw half out. Two to three tsps soya sauce is plenty, I knew that before I started, otherwise it's tasty.
Juliann Rau 27 Mar
in the directions it doesnt tell you when to add garlic, i put it in the marinade and it was good. i used light soy sauce but it was still salty. i would cut it with vegetable broth if i made again.
Doreen Dee Murray 19 Mar
the recipe says to preheat the oven but never calls for cooking it in the oven. i cooked on stove top and it was good. However, I recommend cutting the soy sauce in half because it is too salty.