- 1 cup kohlrabi (packed, peeled, shredded, and drained*)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup onion (diced)
- 1/3 cup parmesan (shredded)
- 1/2 jalapeno (small, chopped fine)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for sautéing.)
|Calories210Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Terra C. 8 Jul 2017
Delicious! I didn't have jalapeño so I substituted some Cayenne pepper. Even better, my 13 month old devoured them!
Tania 28 Jun 2017
Awesome! We added some hatch chilie peppers and green peppers, very good
Kendra B. 14 Aug 2016
This recipe is downright delicious. I used some canned green chilies instead of fresh jalapeño and it still turned out great. I'm sure using fresh jalapeños will give it a little extra kick though. I'll definitely be making these again!
Liz J. 5 Jul 2016
Probably my favourite kohlrabi recipe so far. I suspect the size of the kohlrabi makes a difference; smaller ones I found to be less woody, bigger ones I had to squeeze more water out of but held together better. Maybe it's all in my head! I'd make the patties on the thinner side. I had sour cream and green onion for topping! ^_^ A simple and excellent summer recipe!
Laura B. 16 Sep 2015
The fritters stick together well and are quite tasty. The kohlrabi is a bit of a mission to prepare in this way - have never cooked with it before. The dish could do with some topping suggestions - I had mine with sour cream and a ginger/peppadew relish that was very nice.