If you want to make a homemade tasty snack that can be used for dips, salsas or jams and jellies, then this recipe for Knackbrod Wasa Crackers is a perfect trreat. These tasty crackers include some honey for sweetness. These crunchy creations are perfect for a potluck, party, barbecue or special occasion. They are so tasty, you can eat them by themselves. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy these as much as we do.
- 5 deciliters milk (lukewarm)
- 15 grams baker's yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 5 deciliters rye flour
- 5 deciliters white flour
- In a bowl, mix the milk and crumbled yeast.
- Add the honey, salt, and flour and mix.
- The dough should be soft.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and place it near a source of heat for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 480F.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough quickly and divide into 4 pieces.
- Cover 3 pieces of dough with a damp cloth.
- Finely roll out the 4th piece of dough with a rolling pin, then prick with a fork.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out desired shapes.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 4 to 5 minutes until light golden brown.
- Repeat process with remaining 3 pieces of dough.
- Once all the crackers are baked, place them all in the oven and dry for 35 minutes at 120 F so that they stay fresher longer and remain crisp.