King CakeCHLOÉ DELICE
King Cake is a traditional cake that is made during the festival of Epiphany at the end of the Christmas season or during Mardi Gras. It is a rich and festive cake that is fun to make and eat. While it may take time to prepare this cake, it is well worth the wait. The flavors are rich and hearty. Be sure to grab the ingredients of this recipe so you can surprise your loved ones with a beautiful and flavorful cake this year. They will be so happy.
- 250 grams flour
- 6 grams salt
- 150 grams water
- 100 grams butter (softened)
- 125 grams almond meal
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- 75 grams softened butter
- 2 drops bitter almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- Pour the flour onto a work surface. Make a well in the flour and add the water and salt to the center. Knead with your fingertips to mix. Make sure the water does not splatter everywhere. Form the dough into a smooth ball and cut a cross shape on top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the butter and dough from the refrigerator at the same time. Place the dough on a floured surface. Flatten each corner with the palm of your hand to form a cross. Roll the cross-shaped dough with a rolling pin, but make sure the center remains thicker.
- Wrap the butter in plastic wrap and flatten it with the palm of your hand until it forms a square. Unwrap the butter and place the butter square in the center of the dough. Fold opposite sides of the dough over the butter.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes