This is the perfect recipe to cook when you don’t feel like cooking. Maybe it’s a late night or maybe you didn’t make it to the market. Whatever the reason, whipping up a quick meal in your kitchen doesn’t need to be a complicated or lengthy process. In this dish we clean out the fridge and the raid the pantry, bringing together the flavors of Korea with ingredients you already have on hand. We layer ingredients as we build the fried rice, then we top it with the most perfectly fried, sesame kissed egg you’ve ever seen.
- Grab a small pot and place over medium heat. Add equal parts hot water and rice. Once it comes to a boil, turn the heat down and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Place a large pan over high heat. Dice up your onion and grate your carrots. Chop up the chili and garlic. Add a couple of tablespoons of butter to your hot pan. Add the onions, carrots, chili, and garlic to the pan. Give it a good toss and season with salt. Give your kimchi a rough chop and add it to the pan. Now add your rice to the pan and stir to combine.
- Place a small, non-stick pan over high heat. Add a tablespoon of butter to the pan. Crack the egg into the pan, sprinkle with salt, and cook for 1 minute. After one minute, cover the pan and remove it from the heat. After about 30 seconds you will have a perfectly fried egg.
- Season the fried rice with salt and hit it with the soy sauce. Now grab a dinner plate. Pile the fried rice on the plate, lift the egg out of the butter, and plate on top of rice. Garnish with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
- Hot Tip: Hot pan, little butter, crack egg, cook 1 minute, cover, remove from heat, wait 30 seconds, and the perfect fried egg
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories190Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.