- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 7 ounces white chocolate (chopped)
- 3 1/2 cups cornflakes
- 3 1/2 ounces ladyfingers (hard)
- 4 limes (peel grated and lime juiced)
- 4 eggs (separated, plus 2 egg yolks)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Grease a 9 inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom with 1 tbsp of the oil. Place the remaining oil and chocolate in a small saucepan. Cook on low heat, stirring, until chocolate melts. Place the cornflakes and ladyfingers in a freezer bag and crush finely using a rolling pin. Mix the chocolate mixture and crumbs then press into the tart pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Measure out 2/3 cup lime juice and 1 tbsp lime juice separately. Refrigerate the egg whites. Place the condensed milk, cream, butter, 1/2 cup of the sugar, 1 cup water and 1 tbsp of the lime peel in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Mix the 2/3 cup lime juice and cornstarch together. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the lime juice mixture. Return to the stove and bring to a boil, stirring. Remove from the heat.
- Beat 6 egg yolks in a bowl. Stir in 1-2 tbsp hot lime cream. Stir the egg yolks into the remaining lime cream in the pan. Spread the mixture in the prepared crust. Set aside to cool for 30 mins then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1 1/4 cups sugar. Continue to beat until the mixture is stiff and glossy. Stir in reserved 1 tbsp lime juice. Use a spatula to loosely spread the meringue on the top of the pie. Use a kitchen blowtorch to caramelize the meringue.
PER SERVING *
|Calories400Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.