These super moist beef meatballs are completely grain-free and keto-friendly.
- 2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour (finely ground)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese (1 generous cup)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- 1 jar marinara sauce (no sugar added)
- grated parmesan cheese (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grate or press the garlic cloves into a large mixing bowl. Add the beef, eggs, almond flour, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper, to taste. Using clean hands, work the ingredients together until they are thoroughly combined.
- Roll the meat mixture into balls about 1” in diameter, or 1.5 oz. each, and place on the baking sheet.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the meatballs for 16-17 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Transfer the meatballs to a large pot and pour in the marinara sauce. Set the pot over medium heat, and bring to a simmer. Simmer the meatballs in the sauce for 3-5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Transfer the meatballs to a serving dish and top with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.