The secret to this recipe lies in the seasonings that flavor both the marinade and the flour coating. It's a heady mix of curry powder, paprika, cayenne, onion powder, and garlic powder. plus dried thyme, dill, and tarragon. The longer the chicken m…
rinates (up to a point), the better it will taste and the juicier it will be after frying. While the chicken is delicious when hot, it's also great (and traditional) to eat it at room temperature--or cold from the refrigerator the next day.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 500 grams all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- vegetable oil
- In a bowl, add 300 grams of flour, 2 tablespoons of paprika, 1/2 tablespoon of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon of curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon each of thyme, salt, and dill, a pinch of black pepper, and the garlic powder, onion powder, and tarragon. Mix well and add the chicken. Add enough cold water to cover the chicken and mix well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- In another bowl, add the remaining flour, curry powder, thyme, dill, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and drain in a colander.
- Coat the chicken in the seasoned flour. Coat well.
- Add the chicken to a deep fryer or a pot filled with hot oil.
- Fry the chicken until fully cooked, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel and serve hot.
|Calories630Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.