Scones are the less sweet brother of the doughnut. It also is the cousin to the biscuit. So if you want something sweet like a doughnut, but hearty like a biscuit, and you want it healthy and hearty, then this recipe for Kefir and Cardamom Scones is perfect. This recipe combines nutritious and healthy ingredients for a sensational treat that is perfect any time of the day. Serve them warm with jam or butter for a comforting breakfast or snack.
- 5 berries (green cardamom)
- 1 eggs
- 50 grams sugar (yellow)
- 100 grams kefir (thick)
- 125 grams self rising flour
- 125 grams whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 30 grams unsalted butter
- sea salt (with bee pollen)
- Crack cardamom berries and grind cardamom seeds in a mortar.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- Beat the egg with the sugar.
- Add kefir followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Beat with an electric mixer until dough is smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and sprinkle with flour.
- Place spoonfuls of dough on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm, with jam or butter.