Kare-Kare (Oxtail and Tripe Peanut Stew.)Open Source Food
1 kilogram meat (Oxtail, or you can use pork feet or hocks if you want, still 1 kg, skin removed, or kept if you want, chopped up.)
1 kilogram honeycomb tripe (or omasum.)
3 cloves garlic
cooking oil (Some)
2 onions (cut up.)
1 eggs (plant, sliced and separated.)
bok choy (Some, cut up.)
green beans (cut up into segments.)
hearts of palm (or banana leaf hearts, used from a jar, cut up into segments.)
1/2 creamy peanut butter (a cup of, or crunchy doesnt matter)
shrimp paste (Some)
Discover more recipes from Open Source Food
11. In a pressure cooker, put the 6 c of water, pork hocks and tripe with peppercorns and onion. Add some salt as well and pressure cook for about an hour and a half or until tender.
22. Take the other onion and garlic and "gisa" (stirfry) it with the shrimp paste.
33. After pressure cooker, strain the liquid and keep it. Remove peppercorns.
44. Put the stirfried onions and garlic back with the meat. Add the vegetables and add about 1 cup of water. (It should've evaporated a bit during cooking process.)
55. Simmer until veggies are tender. Add the peanut butter and simmer some more.
66. Season with salt and pepper.
77. Serve with rice and some shrimp paste.