A raw macerated kale salad, balanced with nutty sesame, salty hijiki and some ginger zing.
- 1/4 cup sesame oil (toasted)
- 0ginger (2-inch piece, peeled thinly julienned)
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup hijiki (dried, soaked in water 10 minutes, drained)
- 1 bunch lacinato kale (trimmed, veins removed, shredded)
- 1/2 red-leaf lettuce (small, shredded)
- 1 carrot (small, shredded)
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds (toasted)
- 3 ounces yuba (cut into thin strips)
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, place sesame oil and ginger and bring to a sizzle. Remove ginger and oil and place in a small bowl. Whisk in liquid amino.
- Using the same pan, toss in drained hijiki and cook for one minute. Cool.
- In a large bowl, toss finely shredded kale, cabbage and carrots with cooled hijiki, yuba strips and sauce mixture.
- Just before serving, toss in sesame seeds. Serve at room temperature.