- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (plus additional for ramekins)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour (plus additional for ramekins)
- 1 cup whole milk (warmed)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg (freshly)
- 1/8 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 800 grams eggs (separated)
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup kale
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter and flour six 3-inch/ 4 oz ramekins.
- Heat medium skillet on medium heat. Sauté (1) 10 oz bag of kale in 1 T oil. Cool and Chop.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons flour with wooden spoon until well blended. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Whisk in hot milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and chili powder. Cook 1 minute; remove from heat. Whisk in egg yolks. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir in kale. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add egg whites to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Whip to mixer. Turn to Speed 10 and beat until whites hold medium-stiff peaks.Gently fold egg whites into cheese mixture with rubber spatula in three stages, being careful not to deflate the foamy mixture. Spoon about 1 cup mixture into each prepared ramekin. Bake 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.