- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 pound brussels sprouts (trimmed, halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 pound curly kale (or Tuscan, about 1 large bunch, thick center rib removed, leaves thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (coarsely grated or chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons shallots (finely chopped, from one large shallot)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Kristen Stanley 21 days ago
Awesome even my kids ate it
lew 3 Sep
loved it and I have made it several times
Kathryn S. 27 May
We made it with sunflower seeds and dried cranberries (instead of walnuts) and loved it!
Jones 9 May
Sooo good. We didn’t have kale so just used a lot is Brussels and it was great. Also substituted slivered almonds instead of walnuts since it’s what I had. Added grilled chicken and it was a perfect dinner!
jane h. 31 Jan
Simple and delicious
Gail P. 10 Jan
Quite tasty, lasted for several days even after being dressed.
Chelsea Coley 21 Dec 2017
So good! Left out the Parmesan and it still tasted really good.
Sherry C. 18 Apr 2016
Yummy!! Even the kids ate it. Thanks for the great recipe. Did not alter the slightest. Will definitely put on our regular rotation. Added bonus, it's healthy.
jill9will . 12 Mar 2016
Make this often- even my kids love it. It's perfect on the Thanksgiving table or as a BBQ side. I make a big batch & we eat it it for days- doesn't get soggy!
Lynm M. 16 Feb 2016
I LOVE this salad and always have people asking for the recipe when I take it to a bbq.. I grow kale and instead of slicing, I rip it up and then massage a little olive oil into the kale to break up the fibres. Other than that, I make it exactly to the recipe listed.