Kale Salad with Green Garlic DressingKitchenAid
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 avocado (divided)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup wheat berries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 bunch kale (trimmed)
- 2 carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1Place garlic, lemon juice, parsley, olive oil, 1/2 of the avocado, honey, salt and pepper in blender. Process on setting 5 (liquify) 1 minute. Set aside until ready to use. Can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- 2Bring wheat berries and water to a boil in small saucepan. Simmer until tender about 45 minutes. Cool. Can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- 3Chop kale into bite sized pieces and toss with carrots, sliced remaining avocado, red onion and wheat berries. Toss salad with Green Garlic Dressing. Let sit at room temperature 15 minutes until ready to serve.