Kaiserschmarren or Imperial crepesOn dine chez Nanou
Not all sweet treats require you to spend the entire day in the kitchen. This recipe for Kaiserschmarren or Imperial Crepes only takes 35 minutes to prepare four servings. It is a wonderful brunch option when you don’t have a lot of time, but want a tasty homemade treat. Now you can have the flavors you love from a fine restaurant, right in the comfort of you own home. Happy cooking!
- 4 eggs
- 175 grams flour
- 300 milliliters whole milk
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 30 grams butter
- 1 kilogram dried plum
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Separate egg whites from yolks.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine yolks and flour. Whisk, gradually adding the milk.
- 3Add raisins.
- 4With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites. Once they are foamy, gradually add granulated sugar and keep beating until stiff peaks form, .
- 5Gently fold the whites into the egg yolk mixture, with a rubber spatula.
- 6Heat a small frying pan of 25 cm in diameter.
- 7Pour the mixture and cook over low heat.
- 8Method #1: Turn on your oven to 200 degrees Celsius and when the Kaiserschmarren is cooked on one side, finish cooking in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 9Method #2: Like an omelet, turn the pancake over a plate and then slide it back onto your pan.
- 10When the pancake is cooked, cut it with 2 forks to make small pieces and sprinkle icing sugar on them.
- 11To make a plum sauce, wash and pit dried plums.
- 12Place them in a small saucepan over medium heat, add a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of water.
- 13Cover and stew over low heat.
PER SERVING *
|Calories990Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.