Kae Massaman (Thai Massaman Curry)Casseroles et claviers
This Thai massaman curry comes together quickly, but with all of its complex flavors you will have people thinking you spent all day over the stove. Potatos and lamb act as a hearty base for this delicious meal. Coconut and tamarind add extra flavor and a sprinkling of peanuts adds a nice crunch and a bit of nuttiness. Make a batch of rice while the curry cooks, then use it as the base for the curry.
- 8 potatoes (medium size)
- 1 kilogram boneless lamb (or beef tenderloin or chicken breast)
- 2 clove
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 400 milliliters coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Massaman curry paste (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 1/3 peanuts
- ground cinnamon
- 1Peel the potatoes, cut them in half, and then into slices.
- 2Put them in a pan of cold water over medium heat. From the moment it starts to boil, let them cook for ten minutes. They should still be slightly firm. Drain and set them aside.
- 3Meanwhile, cut the meat into cubes and crush the garlic cloves.
- 4In a wok, heat the coconut cream over high heat.
- 5Once it dries, add the coconut milk.
- 6When the milk starts to boil, add the curry paste and stir constantly until the mixture is homogeneous and fragrant.
- 7Then add the meat and garlic and reduce heat.
- 8Stir and cook for 3/4 minutes.
- 9Then add sugar, fish sauce, tamarind juice and potatoes.
- 10Continue cooking until the meat is cooked.
- 11Before serving, add the peanuts and 1 pinch of cinnamon.
- 12Serve with white rice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories600Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.