- 1 whole chicken (with skin, cut into pieces)
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- oil (for deep frying)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or chicken powder)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon chives (finely chopped)
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
TeLisa Hill 1 Nov
tasted nothing like kfc's chicken
Jeff 7 Mar
Didn't taste anything like KFC but it was still ok,its missing something!!!
Karen Burgess 28 Feb
I tweaked the recipe a little I used double the seasoning with two cups flour. For the milk mixture I used one egg, cup of milk, and added two tablespoons of butter. It came out great!! I cut the chicken so it looked like chicken fingers everyone loved it!! Most likely the butter wasn't needed. Next time I'll leave the butter out and reduce the flour by one cup and keep the amount of spices they say to use. I tweaked it because people before me who tried stated the recipe had no flavor. My way we had plenty of flavor. My husband said it was better than KFC.
L H. 27 Sep 2016
Followed directions for spicing exactly except I also found it needed more salt so I resalted once it was finished cooking. I slow cooked in butter rather than deep frying. It was tasty for sure but to me the spicing is more like the store bought shake and bake coating mix, nothing at all like KFC. Would I use this combination of spices again? Probably not, sorry.
Sarah Wilson 29 Feb 2016
I think the recipe needs more salt or something. Husband and I found it very bland compared to other KFC seasoning recipes.