- 1 pound crabmeat (jumbo lump blue)
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 green onions (green parts only, finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pick over crabmeat to remove any shells. Be gentle, the lumps of crab are delicate and will fall apart. Set aside.
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, green onions, basil and egg in medium bowl. Add crabmeat and gently mix with hands. Sprinkle enough breadcrumbs over crab mixture and continue to mix just until cakes start to bind. Evenly mold into 8 crab cakes.
- Lightly brush each crab cake with olive oil and sear in hot oven-proof skillet until golden brown on both sides. Transfer pan to oven for 5 minutes to heat through.